Autism Spectrum – Teaching Strategies and Behaviour Support (5 x 1hr)
An Online Course to Transform How You Teach Children on the Autism Spectrum
5 Steps to Set Up Your Class Up for Success
- Are there behaviours you are unsure how to solve?
- Worried that you are not achieving the best outcomes for your students?
- Lack of Time … especially when can have 20+ other students in the class?
- Your latest strategies just don’t seem to be working?
- Overwhelmed by the task of inclusion in a mainstream class?
What Makes This Course So Different?
This Proven Five-Step Program has helped 1000s of Teachers transform their students’ educational outcomes from surviving to thriving.
“I recently did you online course it was the ‘meatiest’ online learning I had ever done!! Seriously.. there was so much packed in there I was constantly taking notes (which is not very me at all), and rewinding and rewatching., so THANK YOU”
– Michelle, Teacher
“Thank you Sue for the most relevant and practical PD I have ‘attended’. WOW! Having the download notes prior was a great idea. I actually went back and watched the episodes again as it takes me time to soak in the info.Thank you again for giving me a new passion and understanding for all those little cherubs in my class.”
– Therese, Teacher
“I have found all of the courses really informative and practical. Sue is also really engaging so it is an enjoyable experience. I always come with a new strategy to try or a new way of looking at a problem. I judge a seminar on how inspired I feel at the end and I always leave Sue’s feeling more empowered and refreshed to get back into the classroom and work with the kids.”
– Erin, Teacher
“I have done the online course. I cannot rate both experiences highly enough! I learnt so much and wished I had known about them earlier. I continue to read avidly the newsletters which always have great tips for the classroom.”
– Amanda, Parent & Teacher Assistant
“My son’s teacher said it’s the best in- service she has ever had! She has had an epiphany! She understands it all so much better. She has some great ideas for the aide! She feels empowered and inspired! This is so great for all her future students too.”
Rachel – Parent
The Five Step Course
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Learning style
- Using Schedules & Timers
- Key teaching strategies from Preschool to Secondary and beyond
- What is ODD?
- 10 Key Strategies to Setting up Your Classroom
- Understanding ASD – Let’s dive in deeper to Understanding ASD
- Girls with ASD
- 10 Essential Strategies for Understanding ASD
- “Why kids with ASD do what they do?”
- 10 Key Strategies for Success
- Executive Functioning: 7 Common Signs & What to do
- ASD, ADHD, Epilepsy, Tourette’s, OCD
- Classroom strategies
- Using Tokens for success
- What are Visuals and How to Use
- Motivators: How to use
- How to Motivate and use Special Interests
- Timers/ Routine/ Schedules
- Tips for Toilet Training – an example of using Timers, Routine & Schedules for Success
- Understanding Processing and impact on Learning & Engagement
- Promoting understanding in peers
- Social skills
- Using Social Scripts
- Teaching play
- Strategies for playgrounds
- What are ASD behaviours
- Using a Summary Profile to Increase Awareness with ALL staff
- Sensory Meltdowns
- Sensory Processing Disorder – What is it? How to look for?
- 10 Common Causes of Sensory Meltdowns
- What to do when child/student has Sensory Meltdown
- 10 Common Causes of Behaviour Meltdowns
- What to do when child/student has a Behaviour Meltdown
- Meltdown verses Tantrums
- What to do when a child/student has a tantrum
30 DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Sue Larkey is uniquely positioned within the education system having taught both as a primary school teacher and a special education teacher. She is a highly qualified educator who has taught students with autism spectrum disorder in the mainstream and special schools. She combines practical experience with extensive research having completed a Masters in Special Education and currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education.
Author of 16 Books on ASD
Our Facebook Community
- Choose from 2 Free Courses
- No Credit Card Required.
- Upgrade Anytime.
- Strategies can apply immediately
- International Experts.
- Latest Strategies, Insights and Resources.
- UK Accredited CPD.
- Course Certificates.
~ UK CPD Accredited Training
~ Transform teaching experience from Surviving to Thriving
~ Increase Engagement & Participation in a Busy Classroom
~ Know you’re using Best Practice for Your Students
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account