Development Early Childhood Approaches for Children with Additional Needs (5 x 1hr)
Term 1 – Online Workshop
Early Childhood (<6yrs)
Watch Anywhere, Anytime
**You have 10 Weeks to Complete**
7 Steps to Set Up Your Class Up for Success
- Are there behaviours you are unsure how to solve?
- Worried that you are not achieving the best outcomes for your students?
- Lack of Time … especially when can have 20+ other students in the class?
- Your latest strategies just don’t seem to be working?
- Overwhelmed by the task of inclusion in a mainstream class?
What Makes This Course So Different?
This Proven Seven-Step Program has helped 1000s of Teachers transform their students’ educational outcomes from surviving to thriving.
“I recently did you online course it was the ‘meatiest’ online learning I had ever done!! Seriously.. there was so much packed in there I was constantly taking notes (which is not very me at all), and rewinding and rewatching., so THANK YOU”
– Michelle, Teacher
“Thank you Sue for the most relevant and practical PD I have ‘attended’. WOW! Having the download notes prior was a great idea. I actually went back and watched the episodes again as it takes me time to soak in the info.Thank you again for giving me a new passion and understanding for all those little cherubs in my class.”
– Therese, Teacher
“I have found all of the courses really informative and practical. Sue is also really engaging so it is an enjoyable experience. I always come with a new strategy to try or a new way of looking at a problem. I judge a seminar on how inspired I feel at the end and I always leave Sue’s feeling more empowered and refreshed to get back into the classroom and work with the kids.”
– Erin, Teacher
“I have done the online course. I cannot rate both experiences highly enough! I learnt so much and wished I had known about them earlier. I continue to read avidly the newsletters which always have great tips for the classroom.”
– Amanda, Parent & Teacher Assistant
“My son’s teacher said it’s the best in- service she has ever had! She has had an epiphany! She understands it all so much better. She has some great ideas for the aide! She feels empowered and inspired! This is so great for all her future students too.”
Rachel – Parent
The Seven Step Course
- Identifying and understanding the full range of abilities in early childhood settings, including the specific learning and development needs of ALL children.
- Supporting participation of all children in Early Childhood Programmes
- How to adapt activities to meet all children’s learning needs
- 5 Ways to Make Learning Fun
- Embrace Difference to Make a Difference – engaging all individual children
- Understanding ASD – Let’s dive in deeper to Understanding ASD
- Understanding & Identifying Learning Style of Neurodiverse children
- How to Range of Strategies to support individual learning style
- Gathering information from range of para-professionals to design and implement teaching programs for individual children
- Different Ways of Teaching – Direct, Engineered, Incidental, Activity Based
- What is Communication?
- Effective Verbal & Non Verbal Communication for children in Early Childhood
- How to develop a Communication Programme – Activities to support child to communicate, engage & understand
- Effective Verbal & Non Verbal Communication for educators, teachers, carers
- Using Visuals – Why & How & How to Make your own
- Signing – 14 Key Signs.
- Foundations of Learning – Where to Start
- Key Foundation Skills to increase participation and progression of learning
- Identify where to start, how to teach and what to do next
- Using Sensory Tools to increase engagement and participation
- Establish challenging learning goals and differentiate for individual children
- Play Based Curriculum
- Plans for learning and play that show evidence of how intentional teaching decision and care routines are adapted to suit interest and engagement
- 6 Stages of Play
- Why Neurodiverse Children need intentional teaching
- What we can teach through play
- Where to start and how to plan an effective learning program
- Why Sensory
- What is Sensory Processing Disorder or Sensory Issues
- 10 Common Causes of Behaviour Meltdowns
- Why Sensory Programmes are important?
- How to create a Sensory programme
- What are Sensory Meltdowns and What to do
- What is Behaviour Management
- 10 Common Causes of Behaviour Meltdowns
- What to do when child/student has a Behaviour Meltdown
- Meltdown verses Tantrums
- What to do when a child/student has a tantrum
- 3 Steps to Behaviour Intervention
30 DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Sue Larkey is uniquely positioned within the education system having taught both as a primary school teacher and a special education teacher. She is a highly qualified educator who has taught students with autism spectrum disorder in the mainstream and special schools. She combines practical experience with extensive research having completed a Masters in Special Education and currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education.
Author of 16 Books on ASD
Our Facebook Community
- Choose from 2 Free Courses
- No Credit Card Required.
- Upgrade Anytime.
- Strategies can apply immediately
- International Experts.
- Latest Strategies, Insights and Resources.
- UK Accredited CPD.
- Course Certificates.
~ UK CPD Accredited Training
~ Transform teaching experience from Surviving to Thriving
~ Increase Engagement & Participation in a Busy Classroom
~ Know you’re using Best Practice for Your Students
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account